google.com, pub-8701563775261122, DIRECT, f08c47fec0942fa0
USA

Trump says Iran must “pay the price” as war appears to reignite

Here’s what to know about the Iran war today: President Trump said Wednesday that Iran “took too long to negotiate the deal” and “will pay the price.” He also told Fox News that he may order more strikes as a ceasefire between the countries appears to be broken by an exchange of fire sparked by the downing of a U.S. Army helicopter.Iran said early Wednesday it was retaliating for U.S. strikes. I’m launching new attacks It targets US military facilities in Bahrain, Kuwait and Jordan. There was no immediate report of a coup, only a weapons cessation. US forces launched an attack on targets in Iran after an attack. Apache helicopter shot down by an Iranian drone near the Strait of Hormuz on Monday evening, according to President Trump. The two-man crew was rescued using a marine drone in the first US military rescue operation. Israel hit the city of Sidon in southern Lebanon

Israeli airstrikes hit the center of the Lebanese city of Sidon on Wednesday, Lebanese state media reported, as Israel continued its offensive in the south of the country.

An AFP reporter reported hearing an explosion in the area before rescuers and firefighters spotted a burning car on their way to the scene.

Lebanon’s state-run National News Agency reported that “a car was attacked by the enemy” in the city.

Sidon, the largest city in southern Lebanon, had been largely spared from Israeli attacks that hit much of the country’s south and east. A ceasefire agreement was signed between Israel and Lebanon last week, but the Iran-backed Hezbollah group immediately rejected it and the two sides continued to exchange fire for weeks.

Trump tells Fox Iranian drone was ‘stuck inside’ US Apache helicopter before crashing

President Trump told Fox News that the U.S. Apache helicopter crash near the Strait of Hormuz on Monday was caused by an Iranian drone that became wedged between two crew members of the Army aircraft.

Apache was flying low when the UAV hit the warship without exploding. Fox NewsExcerpt from Mr. Trump’s phone call with reporter Trey Yingst on Wednesday. According to what is said, the pilots then shot down the helicopter and the accompanying drone.

After the incident on Monday evening, US Central Command announced that it had launched “self-defense strikes” against Iranian targets. These attacks triggered Iranian retaliatory fire targeting US military facilities in the Persian Gulf.

Trump tells Fox News he “may continue” attacks on Iran

President Trump said Wednesday that he was close to ordering more strikes on Iran following the country’s attacks targeting American bases in Persian Gulf countries, according to Trey Yingst of Fox News.

According to Yingst, Mr. Trump said he “may continue” with attacks that he said would target power plants and bridges because Iranian negotiators “also mobilize the United States.”

Hostilities between Iran and the United States reignited after Iranian forces shot down an American Apache helicopter with an attack drone near the Strait of Hormuz on Monday evening, according to US officials.

President Trump ordered a retaliatory strike on Tuesday, and Iran responded by firing missiles at U.S. military facilities in the Gulf early Wednesday, but there were no reports of any weapons impacting those facilities.

It was reported that the Qatari delegation arrived in Iran to continue agreement negotiations with the USA

Reuters news agency and Iranian state media said Qatari negotiators arrived in Tehran on Wednesday for bilateral talks aimed at reaching an agreement between the United States and Iran; just as President Trump stated that he was done waiting for the agreement to take shape.

Iranian and Omani officials were expected to discuss the latest developments, but the status of diplomatic efforts was unclear amid a renewed ceasefire between the United States and Iran, according to an Iranian news agency.

President Trump posted on social media Wednesday morning that Iran “took too long” to negotiate a deal and “will have to pay the price.”

Trump insists US blockade is most successful ‘in the history of Naval Warfare’

President Trump on Wednesday reiterated that the U.S. naval blockade of Iranian ports and related ships has served its intended purpose by putting immense pressure on the Iranian regime, despite failing to stop Iran’s attacks in the region or persuade the regime to accept a peace deal.

Mr. Trump said, “The Fake News Media refuses to report how EFFECTIVE the US Naval Blockade is, the most successful Blockade in the history of Naval Warfare. NOTHING PASSES UNLESS WE WANT IT TO.” Real Social post. “Iran does ZERO work, pays neither its military nor any bills, and is rapidly becoming a FAILURE NATION! Too much oil is produced. Praise be to God!”

While the blockade has undoubtedly restricted most of Iran’s energy exports, Tehran business owner told CBS News He said Tuesday that his stores are still improving.

CBS News producer Seyed Bathaei said most businesses in Iran’s capital remain busy, but ordinary Iranians are suffering from astronomical inflation, which has been a problem for decades due to international sanctions and made worse by the war.

Maritime security firm reported that the tanker was “hit by a missile” near the Strait of Hormuz

British maritime security company Vanguard Tech said a tanker off the coast of Oman near the eastern entrance to the Strait of Hormuz had been hit by a missile on Wednesday, sending out a distress call saying it had caused a fire in the engine room.

UK Navy’s Merchant Marine Operations agency also reported There was an incident involving a fire in the engine room of a tanker off the coast of Oman, but the identity of the ship could not be determined. According to UKMTO, two people were reported missing and one injured with unspecified injuries.

“Local authorities reported that a fire had broken out in the engine room of a tanker and they were on scene to assist in the evacuation of the crew,” UKMTO reported. he said, adding that there was no known environmental impact.

Trump says Iran took “too long” to negotiate deal and will now “pay the price”

President Trump said Iran took “too long” to negotiate a deal with the United States and now “will have to pay the price.” social media post Wednesday morning.

Mr Trump’s statement comes in the wake of a fragile US. The ceasefire with Iran was broken on Tuesday by an exchange of fire following the downing of a US Army Apache helicopter near the Strait of Hormuz on Monday evening.

Following the US strikes in retaliation for the attack on the US helicopter, President Trump told ABC News: “I believe the response has to be very strong, very strong.”

“Iran is all talk and no action. The Tyrant of the Middle East is DEAD!!! It took too long to negotiate a deal that would have been great for them, now they will have to pay for it!!!” The president said this in a Truth Social post on Wednesday.

Iran accuses US of sending conflicting messages in talks

An Iranian Foreign Ministry spokesman accused the United States on Wednesday of violating the ceasefire agreement and sending conflicting messages after an exchange of fire overnight.

Iranian officials will review their positions in the negotiations in light of recent attacks that President Trump said he ordered in retaliation for the shooting down of a US Army Apache helicopter near the Strait of Hormuz on Monday, IRNA state news agency quoted Esmail Baqaei, a spokesman for the ministry and the Iranian negotiating team, as saying.

Baqaei called the US actions “undermining this diplomatic process.”

Jordan announced that it shot down 5 Iranian missiles

Jordan said on Wednesday it had shot down five missiles launched by Iran, which it said targeted the Muwaffaq Salti Air Base. This base hosted American F-35 fighter jets and other aircraft.

Jordan’s state-owned Petra news agency published a statement from the army, adding that there were no injuries in the attack and that explosives experts were examining the debris resulting from the intervention.

Iran also launched drone attacks on US military facilities in Bahrain and Kuwait early on Wednesday local time; these attacks both raised alarm and fired up air defenses in response.

US forces hit almost 20 Iranian targets

A US official told CBS News that the US military hit nearly 20 targets in its strikes against Iran, a retaliatory operation after the downing of an American helicopter.

The targets included Iranian air defense systems, radar sites and ground control stations, US Central Command said in a statement.

Iran announces drone attacks on US facilities in Bahrain and Kuwait

Iran carried out drone strikes targeting US military facilities in Kuwait and Bahrain in the early hours of Wednesday morning local time, Iranian state media said.

This came just hours after the United States launched retaliatory strikes on Iran in response to the downing of a U.S. Army Apache helicopter on Monday.

Iran’s state-controlled IRIB television network said in a social media post that the country’s naval forces carried out drone strikes targeting the US Navy’s Fifth Fleet in Bahrain and Ali Al Salem Air Base in Kuwait.

The Kuwaiti military later said in X that its “air defense systems” were “currently intercepting enemy air targets.”

There was no word on whether any of the drone strikes reached their targets.

Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Back to top button