google.com, pub-8701563775261122, DIRECT, f08c47fec0942fa0
Hollywood News

TVK Chief Vijay’s Neelankarai Residence Gets Bomb Threat, Hoax Caller Held

Chennai: Police on Thursday arrested a 37-year-old man for making a fake call to the police control room after midnight about planting a bomb at actor-politician Vijay’s house in Neelankarai, officials said. Police sources said the man was identified as Shabik.

Police officials stated that upon notice, the bomb detection and disposal team (BDDS) was sent to the scene early in the morning and checks were carried out, but nothing was found.

The police, who arrived at the scene, said that they started their search around 03:00 at night. The search was first carried out outside the house. They later added that when Tamilaga Vetri Kazhagam founder Vijay woke up, the police were allowed into the house to conduct a search. “We left around 7.25am after not finding anything,” police said.

They previously said there was an email in which the threat was received, but later said it was a phone call. A Deputy Commissioner of Police told PTI that personalities in the city were receiving bomb hoax mails from a Hotmail address.

“Last month, another actor-politician, S Ve Shekher, also received a bomb threat mail. The content of these emails is similar. We are yet to trace this mail ID,” the official said.

On October 6, one of Chennai’s leading national newspapers also received a bomb threat mail claiming that three RDX IEDs had been planted on its premises. As in previous cases, BDD Team declared this a scam after an extensive search.

Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Back to top button