google.com, pub-8701563775261122, DIRECT, f08c47fec0942fa0
USA

US National Counterterrorism Center warns of threat from al Qaeda

By Kanishka Singh

WASHINGTON (Reuters) – The US National Anti -Terrorism Center said on Friday that Al -Qaeda’s recent calls for attacks on the United States showed that the group shows a permanent threat to the country.

Al -Qaeda and Yemen -based organization, the Arabian Peninsula (AQAP) al -Qaeda “, especially in places where the US support or military participation, they are trying to benefit from media broadcasts and global conflicts to inspire potential attackers,” he said.

Note urged government officials to avoid surveillance, not publish or share details about travel plans, programs and places, and to remove badges and other forms of identity outside of work.

In addition, he warned the potential threats to targets that attract large crowds, including sports and music activities, and encouraged the presence of law enforcement officers and pre -incident briefings in security measures.

The United States sets al -Qaeda as a “foreign terrorist organization”. September 11, 2001, al -Qaeda attacks in New York and Washington killed about 3,000 people.

A report that evaluates different types of threats to the United States at the end of last year by the US Department of Internal Security said that al -Qaeda was determined to shoot the US and “revives access to Western viewers.

NCTC was created in 2004 under the control of the National Intelligence Director Office. He said that the information he shared with law enforcement officers would give them tools to combat targeting attempts of Al Qaeda.

(Reporting by Kanishka Singh in Washington; Editing by Edwina Gibbs)

Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Back to top button