google.com, pub-8701563775261122, DIRECT, f08c47fec0942fa0
UK

What now for Sarah Ferguson? Whereabouts of Andrew’s ex-wife and daughters remain unknown as former prince is arrested over public misconduct claims

Questions are rising over Sarah Ferguson’s future after her ex-husband Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor was arrested in Sandringham today.

Former Duchess of York (66), He remains in plain sight amid growing anger over his ties to a pedophile jeffrey epstein and is said to have spent time with friends in the French Alps before moving to the United Arab Emirates recently.

She also spends time with her youngest daughter, Princess Eugenie, 35, who is in the area to work as a director at the Hauser and Wirth dealership and is attending an art fair in Doha, Qatar.

But Fergie, who was ostracized in Britain with her ex-husband Andrew, has not been seen in public since September 25, 2025, when the photo of her being kicked out of the Royal Lodge was taken.

The disgraced couple, who Fergie once described as ‘the happiest divorced couple in the world’, continued to live together at Andrew’s sprawling Windsor mansion until recently, a staggering three decades after their split.

However, the future of Andrew, the eighth member of the British throne, who turned 66 today, was dragged into more uncertainty today after he was arrested and detained on suspicion of abuse of power in a public office.

Several unmarked police cars were seen speeding towards Andrew’s new home in Sandringham, Norfolk, where he had been living with Sarah since being forcibly removed from the Royal Lodge.

This is the first arrest for the former prince, who faces multiple allegations related to convicted sex offender Epstein.

Thames Valley Police said detectives are currently searching addresses in Berkshire and Norfolk. It is not confirmed which properties are being sought but the Royal Lodge is in Windsor, Berkshire, while his new home, Wood Farm, is in Sandringham, Norfolk.

Andrew’s dramatic arrest stands in stark contrast to his ex-wife Sarah, who has kept a low profile since leaving the Royal Lodge.

Sarah Ferguson was last seen being escorted out of the Royal Lodge on September 25, 2025.

Meanwhile, on 16 September 2025, she attended the funeral of Katharine, Duchess of Kent, at Westminster Cathedral with Andrew.

Meanwhile, on 16 September 2025, she attended the funeral of Katharine, Duchess of Kent, at Westminster Cathedral with Andrew.

Fergie is also spending time with her youngest daughter, Princess Eugenie, 35, who is in the area on business to attend an art fair in Doha, Qatar, as a director at the Hauser and Wirth dealership. Eugenie was photographed with pal Caroline Daur at the art fair earlier this month

Fergie is also spending time with her youngest daughter, Princess Eugenie, 35, who is in the area on business to attend an art fair in Doha, Qatar, as a director at the Hauser and Wirth dealership. Eugenie was photographed with pal Caroline Daur at the art fair earlier this month

But sources say he openly told friends: ‘I need to get back to work. ‘I need money.’

It comes after emails between the former duchess and Epstein showed he repeatedly chased her for money to pay off debts and practical support over a long period.

These include evidence that she remained in close contact with him after he was released from prison for child sex offences, even taking her two daughters, Princesses Beatrice and Eugenie, to have lunch with him five days after his release.

He also privately issued a humble apology to Epstein for publicly accusing him, claiming that he did so only to protect his career as a children’s book author.

He called him a ‘loyal, generous and sublime friend’.

As the troubles continue, friends believe he may come to the conclusion that the only place his former royal status can still open doors to is the Middle East.

Earlier this week, royal author Andrew Lownie, who wrote a damning book about the scandal-plagued couple called Entitled: The Rise and Fall of the House of York, said he believed multimillionaires in Dubai and the surrounding countries of Bahrain and Qatar were likely to put money into Fergie already.

He said: ‘In England neither Sarah nor Andrew will ever be socially accepted again, no matter what they try to do or where they go. But no one in the Middle East will care what he’s trying to do.

‘There are people out there that Sarah would happily gobble up and who would be happy to fund both – royals, politicians and business.

Questions are rising about what might happen to Sarah Ferguson after her ex-husband Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor was arrested in Sandringham today. Image: Family including Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor in a selfie shared on Instagram

Questions are rising about what might happen to Sarah Ferguson after her ex-husband Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor was arrested in Sandringham today. Image: Family including Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor in a selfie shared on Instagram

‘Such people in the Middle East couldn’t care less about what Sarah did. And even though she no longer holds the title of Duchess of York, she will still be viewed and treated as royalty – and she knows it.’

Last week the Mail reported that Eugenie had left the UK for Qatar, where she was working. at a high-end contemporary art fair in Doha this week.

He and Beatrice are said to be ‘horrified’ by the embarrassing tranche of emails their mother sent to Epstein.

Sources close to the sisters also said they were ‘horrified’ and ’embarrassed’ by photos of their father kneeling over a mystery woman lying on the floor of Epstein’s New York mansion.

Despite the deepening scandal, Eugenie smiled as model Caroline Daur, 30, put a comforting arm around the princess, who was dragged into Epstein’s orbit by her parents along with her older sister Beatrice.

Ms Daur, known as Caro to her friends, tagged Eugenie at Art Basel 2026 with the caption: ‘REMEETING!!! It’s been too long.’ David Beckham and Angeline Jolie also attended the art fair held every year in Qatar.

Andrew’s ex-wife and two daughters will no doubt be shaken by his high-profile arrest today. They have not commented yet.

A Thames Valley Police spokesman said: ‘As part of the investigation, we arrested a man in his sixties from Norfolk today (19/2) on suspicion of misconduct in public office and are carrying out searches at addresses in Berkshire and Norfolk.

‘The man is currently in police custody.

‘We will not name the man arrested in accordance with national rules. Please note that this case is now active and therefore caution should be exercised in any publication to avoid contempt of court.’

Deputy Chief Constable Oliver Wright said: ‘Following a thorough assessment, we have launched an investigation into allegations of misconduct in public office.

‘It is important that we maintain the integrity and impartiality of our investigation as we work with our partners to investigate this alleged crime.

‘We recognize the significant public interest in this case and will provide updates at the appropriate time.’

Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Back to top button