‘Can the King not step in?’: Angry England fans hit out at Thomas Tuchel’s leaked World Cup squad with Three Lions boss set to confirm controversial snubs of Harry Maguire, Phil Foden and Cole Palmer

Angry England fans criticized Thomas Tuchel as the Three Lions boss today confirmed his controversial selections for this summer’s World Cup.
Tuchel will appear before the media at Wembley Stadium and announce the 26 players he believes can deliver the country’s first World Cup in 60 years as they travel to the United States for the biggest tournament on the planet.
But in a chaotic turn of events, Tuchel’s decisions were leaked on Thursday night and Harry Maguire confirmed he had been overlooked despite a strong finish to the season with Manchester United.
The decision sparked outrage in the Maguire family, with his mother Zoe taking to X to reveal she was “absolutely disgusted” by Tuchel’s snub. The defender’s siblings also shared their anger on social media.
But this is not the only controversial decision that Tuchel is expected to approve today; It is understood that Phil Foden, Cole Palmer, Lewis Hall, Trent Alexander-Arnold and Morgan Gibbs-White were also left at home.
Foden and Palmer have featured for England in previous major competitions, but their poor form this season has seen them underrated, while Forest star Gibbs-White has arguably been the standout player in his position – scoring 17 goals and providing seven assists for his club.
England boss Thomas Tuchel faces criticism over expected UK elections
Harry Maguire surprisingly ignored by England boss at World Cup
Fans shared their thoughts on social media and the consensus was overwhelmingly against Tuchel.
Content creator Tom Garratt wrote of X: “Saying no to Lewis Hall borders on treason.” “Can’t the king intervene?”
‘When you really think about it,’ Rory Jennings said, ‘it’s a shame that Thomas Tuchel is England manager, it’s a national shame.’
@Gideoomatic said: ‘Tuchel has somehow managed to unite the entire English fanbase, quite impressive actually.’
‘Tuchel has lost his mind,’ said another fan. ‘So what?’
Another user shared: ‘This is the Thomas Tuchel England squad’, along with a picture of many types of beer on tap in a bar.
@Ellis_ added: ‘Gibbs-White has been England’s best attacking midfielder this season and has also been left out of the squad.
‘Were Tuchel and the English coaching staff drunk when they made the squad selection?’
England’s full squad announcement will be broadcast live on Daily Mail Sport from 8.30am this morning.
Our experts Ian Ladyman and Jack Gaughan will share their thoughts and what they’ve heard from the Three Lions camp as they respond to YOUR comments on our England squad announcement live blog today.
Fans flocked to social media to share their anger at Tuchel’s decisions
Elsewhere, Daily Mail Sport readers have their say on the players Thomas Tuchel He must select his 26-man squad as follows: England Look to win this summer’s World Cup.
Maguire was chosen as the 14th most selected player in the squads by 72.9 percent of readers, while Foden ranked 16th with 71.5 percent.
Gibbs-White was in 70.5 percent of the lineups, while Palmer was in 65.9 percent.
Fans preferred Jordan Pickford, Dean Henderson and Nick Pope as England’s three goalkeepers in the tournament.
Pickford remains the clear No. 1 player in the eyes of the fans, with 97.7 per cent choosing him in their squad, making him the third most selected player.
Maguire was named as one of England’s centre-backs along with Marc Guehi, Ezri Konsa and John Stones.
Fans prefer Reece James and Trent Alexander-Arnold as right-backs, while Nico O’Reilly and Lewis Hall operate as left-backs after impressive seasons at Man City and Newcastle.
Alexander-Arnold’s selection came despite Tuchel ignoring him in the tournament.
Alexander-Arnold, who will make one substitute appearance for Tuchel against Andorra, was chosen by 67 percent of the fans.
Fans have picked Declan Rice, Jude Bellingham, Morgan Rogers, Elliot Anderson, Kobbie Mainoo, Foden and Gibbs-White to battle for a place in England’s midfield.
Rice was voted the second most picked England player in the squad by 98 per cent of fans.
This was developed solely by Harry Kane; The England captain has been voted 98.8 per cent by fans as he prepares to lead the World Cup.
Bukayo Saka, Marcus Rashford, Eberechi Eze, Ollie Watkins, Palmer, Anthony Gordon and Jarrod Bowen also made the cut among England fans.
Despite Arsenal’s championship, Daily Mail Sport readers could not find a place for Arsenal’s Noni Madueke and Myles Lewis-Skelly in their squad.




