New Jersey man charged after allegedly trashing federal attorney’s office

NEWYou can now listen to Fox News articles!
A New Jersey man accused of vandalizing U.S. Attorney Alina Habba’s Newark office last week has been arrested and charged following a statewide manhunt that culminated in his capture over the weekend, federal prosecutors said.
Keith Michael Lisa, 51, of Barnegat, has been charged with possession of a dangerous weapon on a federal facility and destruction of federal property, Habba announced Tuesday. He appeared before U.S. Magistrate Judge José Almonte in Newark on Monday and was taken into custody.
“Lisa entered the Peter Rodino Federal Building in Newark shortly before 5:00 p.m. on Wednesday, November 12, 2025, wielding a full-size aluminum baseball bat,” the Department of Justice said. “Lisa said she needed to see the Attorney General’s Office, and security informed Lisa that the bat was a prohibited weapon that she could not bring into the building.”
Authorities said Lisa left the building and returned a few minutes later without a bat. Witnesses told investigators he appeared angry and “mumbled as he went through security.”
BONDI ANNOUNCED THAT THE ‘COWARD’ WHO ALLEGEDLY THREATENED HIS CONSERVATIVE FIANCEE AFTER KIRK’S MURDER HAS BEEN ARRESTED
The FBI says Keith Michael Lisa is wanted for allegedly entering the Peter W. Rodino Federal Building in Newark, NJ, on November 12, 2025, and damaging property inside the U.S. Attorney’s Office; A $25,000 reward is being offered for information leading to his arrest and conviction. (FBI)
Once inside, he allegedly threatened to “tear the place down” before knocking framed items off the walls and damaging property in the U.S. Attorney’s office reception area.
Attorney General Pam Bondi said in an
“No one will be able to escape threatening, intimidating, or destroying the offices of our great U.S. Attorneys General,” Bondi wrote.
FBI NAMED THE PERSON WANTED FOR THE ATTACK ON US ATTORNEY ALINA HABBA’S OFFICE

The suspect sought in the attack on U.S. Attorney Alina Habba’s Newark office is “currently in custody,” Attorney General Pam Bondi said, attributing the arrest to federal agents. (AP Photo/Mark Schiefelbein)
Prosecutors said Lisa went into hiding after learning law enforcement was looking for her.
His capture required a “statewide coordinated effort” involving the FBI, U.S. Marshals, Homeland Security Investigations, Federal Protective Service, New Jersey State Police and local departments in Mahwah and Barnegat. He was arrested in the early morning hours of November 15.
Habba praised law enforcement’s quick work in taking Lisa into custody, saying: “We got her. The Department of Justice and our federal partners, under Attorney General Pam Bondi, will not tolerate any act of intimidation or violence against law enforcement. Justice will handle it now.”
DOJ LOOKING FOR SUSPECT AFTER ATTACK ON US ATTORNEY ALINA HABBA’S OFFICE

WASHINGTON, DC – MARCH 28: White House Presidential Counsel Alina Habba makes remarks before being sworn in as interim U.S. Attorney for New Jersey in the Oval Office at the White House in Washington, DC on March 28, 2025. (Andrew Harnik/Getty Images)
The FBI had identified Lisa as a suspect the day before her arrest, describing her as approximately 6 feet tall and weighing between 200 and 230 pounds, and with ties to New York City and Mahwah, New Jersey.
CLICK TO DOWNLOAD FOX NEWS APPLICATION
The agency warned that he “should be considered dangerous” and urged the public to contact authorities with any information regarding his whereabouts.
Fox News Digital’s Greg Norman contributed to this report.




