google.com, pub-8701563775261122, DIRECT, f08c47fec0942fa0
UK

Bondi terror attack: alleged gunmen travelled to the Philippines before ‘Isis-inspired’ shooting | Bondi beach terror attack

Australia’s prime minister said the father-son duo allegedly behind the Bondi attack appeared to be inspired by the Islamic State, with police confirming they were investigating why the duo went to the Philippines last month.

New South Wales police commissioner Mal Lanyon claimed on Tuesday that Naveed Akram, 24, and his father Sajid, 50, had recently traveled to the Philippines. He also claimed that IEDs and two homemade ISIS flags were found in a car registered to the young man’s name parked at the scene of Sunday’s shooting.

“Their reasons for going to the Philippines, their purpose and where they went while there are currently under investigation,” Lanyon said.

Anthony Albanese told reporters: “There appears to be evidence that this was an incident.” [allegedly] It was inspired by a terrorist organization, ISIS.”

It is claimed that the duo killed 16 people in the attack on Sydney beach, while another 25 people were still in hospital on Tuesday.

Naveed was arrested at the scene and taken to a Sydney hospital with serious injuries. His father was shot and killed by the police.

Lanyon corrected reports that Sajid first obtained a gun license ten years ago, saying that he would not be granted a license until 2023.

Albanese said on Monday that Naveed, who worked as a bricklayer, came to the attention of the Australian Security Intelligence Agency (Asio) in October 2019.

He was scrutinized for six months over his alleged involvement with others, along with allegations that the ABC’s counter-terrorism investigation involved an Islamic State cell.

Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Back to top button